Monday, September 16, 2024

A Short "Transfer Week" Update

Short update this week because I'm boring... 

Double Fecha

My last week in Independencia and I placed two fechas (dates for us English speakers)!!! My companionship managed to get two people on date to get baptized. This is crazy considering how we hadn't even been close to getting anyone baptized just the week before, but right before I leave we manage to get two people ready to be baptized. Also we set both these baptism dates in the first lesson with them! Please pray for Juan and Giuliano!

Transfered 

Oh did I say it was my last week in Independencia... My first transfer and I'm already being moved to a new area, Miramar in Mar Del Plata. Guys... I'm not there yet, but I'm telling you Mar Del Plata looks rico. I don't see a single dirt road in Mar Del Plata on google maps! If I get mugged I'll let you guys know, but it'll be nice to go spend my p-days on the beach. At least until summer hits when the missionaries are not allowed to go to the beach. It gets hot here in the summer, so many locals decide to spend extensive time in their birthday suits when at the beach... Yikes.

Christmas

Okay fine, I admit it, we did celebrate Christmas last Monday. We couldn't help it! It was the last week it was going to be cold before winter next year in Argentina. It's so hot here now, and I can't celebrate a warm Christmas, it's inhumane! 

Nevertheless, our early celebration was a ton of fun! We made and ate delicious food and listened to Christmas music, gave gifts, and decorated a tree! Truly it was a great Christmas and I won't be shamed for celebrating Christmas early. 



Pulled Pork, Mashed Taters, and Banana Bread!

Funnies

 
Slugs and snails abound here...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured

Miramar is not "A full"

Miramar It's official, we are at the playa (beach). We spent our first p-day at the beach and it was so nice. In the morning it was a li...