Tuesday, September 3, 2024

Gatos, Caballos, Conejos, Oh my!

This has been a weird week for the animals of Independencia. It feels like every day we've ran across more animals than usual.

On Monday we got sent this video of a bunny (partaking of the sacrament, bread and wine, I might add) by a random person we messaged.

On Tuesday we saw these random loose horses with no owner in sight. They were nice and let us pet them, but they were not as receptive to the evangelio as I would have liked. 

Then these five cats ran up to us demanding to be pet (I was happy for any opportunity to do service, so I petted them). 

Then on Wednesday during my surprise division, Hermana Morazán and I were followed by this dog for no joke 2 miles. This dog was far from home by the time he stopped following us, so my prayers go out to Pipi the second. I named him after the bravest dog I knew so hopefully he made the journey home.
Prayers for Pipi the 2nd!


I laughed, I cried, it was better than cats...






Surprise Division

Speaking of surprise divisions... I got to do divisions! In missionary speak, divisions is when different sister missionaries in the area come to spend a day or two being companions with the Sister Training Leaders (STLs) to learn from the older, more experienced missionaries. 

Both of my companions are STLs, so I haven't done any divisions at all, and I expected to not do divisions until my next area (if I'm not with STLs again). But two Hermanas needed to stay 2 days at our house so they could manage some Visa paperwork. 

Hermana Ellison suggested I create a plan for contacting people for the day and go out with Hermana Morazán, who has been on her mission for 8 months. I did, and we left together so I wasn't with my companions for that day which was so interesting! 

Hermana Morazán is amazing and she taught me so much! Together we managed to teach 4 lessons and invite 11 people to church! I'd never had so much success in a day, and she taught me how I need to be more confident. When a person opens the door, even if it's not the person we're looking for, don't let them chase you away, bear testimony and share a lesson or principle with them. 

She taught me that I need to be more courageous. I'm not selling them a useless product or asking them useless questions, I'm offering them a way to change their life and gain immortal life and happiness. They won't feel the spirit instantly when I knock on the door, they'll feel the spirit when I bear my testimony. 

I'm hoping more people will open the door to us, because I can't wait to be more courageous! 

Milagros 

We had an amigo at church!!! We have not had any friends at church for a long time, and never while I've been here, but I sent a lot of invitations to come to church the night before testimony meeting and one of our friends showed up! 

Please pray for Erika! She scheduled to meet with us every Thursday so we can teach her, and she expressed a sincere desire to be baptized one day, but she doesn't know that she's ready yet. She's been taught by missionaries for 10 years, but this was her first ever time going to church. Everyone was so excited to see her and she made so many friends! 

We're really hoping if she keeps coming to sacrament she'll find that missing piece and be ready to strengthen her relationship with Christ through baptism. As for right now we're just gonna keep inviting her and pray for her every night! 

Funnies

Guess who was throwing up in the streets again... 




1 comment:

  1. That is so exciting. I recall when my first "native" German came to attend a meeting. I had served with a military unit for several months and then someone we were teaching came and attended the local German branch with us. I loved your thoughts about sharing more than simply knocking on the door.

    ReplyDelete

Featured

Miramar is not "A full"

Miramar It's official, we are at the playa (beach). We spent our first p-day at the beach and it was so nice. In the morning it was a li...